Thursday, May 26, 2011

Welcome to the Savile Row Client Spotlight

Dr. Matt Matava has been a valued client and friend of Savile Row for many years and has graciously agreed to take a moment and talk with David in our first client spotlight.

Q: As a native of St. Louis, the inevitable question has to be answered, where did you go to high school?  
A: (Laugh) I attended St. Charles High School.
Q: After high school where did you go to college?  
A: I went to University of Missouri at Kansas City for my under grad and my graduate degrees.  I moved to Atlanta and did my post grad as well as my residency at Emory University. Before coming back to St. Louis I did also did a fellowship In Cincinnati at the Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center. 

Q: Since returning to St. Louis you have been busy.  You are an Associate Professor for several departments, Co-Chief of Sports Medicine and Fellowship Director of Sports Medicine Fellowship Training Program all at Washington University as well as a practicing Orthopedic Physician.  We know there is still more?  
A: I am also the Head Physician for the St. Louis Rams for the last 11 years and for the St. Louis Blues for the past 14 years.

Q: Wow you are busy, so outside of work what are a couple of your favorite past times?  
A: I enjoy cooking and we joined Meadowbrook County Club where I am learning the game of golf.

Q: That is a diverse couple of hobbies.  When you are not cooking where do you enjoy going out to eat?  
A: A couple of my favorites are Monarch Restaurant on Manchester and Niche Restaurant on Sidney.  
All of us at Savile Row wish to thank Dr. Matava for his time and thank him for being a great representative of The Savile Row Style. So the next time you see a tall good looking guy running out on the football field in a Rams shirt and khakis to assist an injured player, you know who that doctor is.  (We have heard that the players think he is the best-dressed doctor that they know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment